How it works
Frequently Asked Questions
How SimpleLots Works
What do the various inventory conditions mean?
New assets are in original packaging and possess all of the characteristics, qualities and features as advertised by the manufacturer.Traditionally, they are overstock items that were never offered for sale in a retail environment or used in any way.
Refurbished assets are used, but have been inspected, tested and restored to fully working condition. They rarely come in their original packaging and seldom contain any documentation or any additional parts and/or accessories.Due to their operational history, refurbished assets possess noticeable cosmetic defects and/or blemishes, including but not limited to dents, scratches and signs of age.
Returned merchandise were assets sold to a customer, who then either physically brought the item back to a store or mailed it to a specified location. Reasons for returning a product may not have any correlation to its utility (i.e., size, color, model, etc.), and as a result may be in fine working order.The majority of returns, however, do have some operational and/or cosmetic problems. Depending on a company's return policy, these items may also reflect a measurable amount of use. In addition, since most of these items are sent through a reverse supply chain (e.g. from a customer back to a store or a centralized warehouse), they can show signs of further handling. Timestamped products, such as food, supplements, car seats, and refrigerators, may be expired.Returns may not come in their original packaging and often do not have any of the advertised documentation or additional parts and/or accessories. Accordingly, returns can exhibit a wide range of individual product and package conditions that can differ substantially from the original manufacturing.
Shelf pulls were assets previously available for sale in a retail environment, but were never sold. They usually possess one or more price tags and/or stickers, indicating multiple markdowns and have been exposed to appreciable customer contact.In addition, since most of these items are sent through a reverse supply chain (e.g. from a retailer back to a centralized warehouse), they can show signs of further handling. Accordingly, Shelf Pulls may exhibit a wide range of individual product and package conditions that can differ substantially from the original manufacturing.
Used assets were previously sold, put into use and possess noticeable cosmetic defects and blemishes, including but not limited to dent, scratches and signs of age. Since these assets are usually pulled from a working environment, they rarely come in their original packaging and rarely contain any documentation, additional parts and/or accessories. They are minimally tested to meet the basic requirements of functionality, and therefore may not be in optimal working condition as they may require additional maintenance and repair.
Salvage assets have been identified as defective for reasons concerning their functionality, appearance or both. Salvage assets usually can only be used for parts and are therefore recommended for professional buyers specialized in repairs or resale parts.
What payment methods are accepted on Simplelots.com?
We accept all major credit and debit cards, Paypal, Paypal Credit. Paypal Credit allows you to pay for purchases over time.
Paypal ensures your payment information is secure.
PayPal Account is not required when purchasing.
Do I need to create an account?
Feel free to browse our wide selection of listings without an account. Registration is free!
Only needed when checking out, but takes less than 10 seconds.
Purchased an item. Now what?
- Sellers have up to 3 business days to ship your item. We suggest reaching out to the seller if your item is not shipped by then.
- The seller will let you know when the item has shipped. This includes the tracking number so you can track your delivery
- Buyers mark the orders COMPLETE once the lot is delivered to your address. Rate the seller within 3 days. Take a moment to inspect your item when it arrives.
- If the item is delivered as specified, rate your seller. The rating releases payment to the seller.
- If you don’t rate the seller before within 3 days, SimpleLots will COMPLETE the transaction on your behalf.
Where does SimpleLots ship to?
SimpleLots ships to the US: all 50 states and the District of Columbia.Note: FedEx and UPS Ground does not accept P.O. Boxes as valid shipping addresses.
How do I buy an item?
Found an item you liked? Tap “Checkout. Follow the prompts to fill out your billing and shipping information. Then you’re all set.
Do you offer coupons
No, not at this time.
Use the filter option on mobile devices to search by category. You can also follow any seller you are interested in purchasing from. You will also get notifications when they list a new item or make price changes.
Can I make an Offer?
Can I make an Offer?You can always message the seller with your offer amount if they agree then they will have to manually update the price for you to purchase at the agreed amount.
How do I report a listing?
Item isn’t as described?
If the item isn’t as described, reach out to us to request a return within 3 days of receiving the item. Note that you can’t return an item because it doesn’t fit or has an odor if it was otherwise accurately described in the listing.Once you’ve filled out the form and provided photo evidence, we will thoroughly review the case. If the return is approved, we’ll send you a prepaid shipping label so you can ship the item back to the seller.When the item is confirmed delivered we’ll issue you a refund in the original form of payment.
Item hasn’t shipped?
Send the seller a transaction message. If the item hasn’t shipped and they haven’t responded within 3 days, you can request a cancellation on the item’s Order Status page.If the item stops receiving tracking updates please let us know.
What’s not covered?
Offline transactions are not covered in our Buyer Guarantee. We can’t protect you if you go offline. We also can’t support refunds or returns for Prohibited Items.
Selling On Simplelots
The Selling Basics
It is very easy to create a listing. Just click on post a listing and you can easily submit your inventory. Please make sure to add your Paypal account in order for your listings to go live and choose a plan.
Making a sale
Once a buyer purchases you will receive a notification to "Accept" the preauthorization, once accepted the funds transfer immediately to your PayPal account.
Shipping & Handling.
Sellers are required to ship out within 2 business days and provide the buyer with tracking information through the direct messaging portal for your order. If the information is not provided the order is subject to cancellation and the seller will be charged a rejection fee, which is the same as the commission amount.
The payment is immediate. PayPal will be required to sell.
Membership and Commission Charges. Commission charges are charged the 1st of each month for prior month sales.
Membership charges are charged 30 days after signup, reoccurring monthly unless canceled.
Returns & Refunds
Your listings provide an area to let buyers know what your return policy is for the particular lot listed.
How can I sell on Simplelots?
We offer many ways to sell. Tier pricing or Pay Per Sale.
How does the payment process work?
Transactions going through PayPal follow a few steps, from accepting the request to the payment and reviews. Here's a complete description.
The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed by PayPal in the Simplelots Marketplace:
- The seller posts a listing and defines a price for the product or service.
- The buyer opens the listing page, selects options (dates, shipping, quantity...), and clicks on the "Buy" button.
- On the following page, the buyer reviews the details of the purchase and clicks "Checkout with PayPal". Then buyers are directed to PayPal to complete the payment. If they don't complete the payment within 1 hour, the transaction attempt is closed.
- Once the payment is done, the buyer is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the seller needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
- The seller gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (Whichever comes first), the transaction is canceled and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money (minus PayPal's payment processing fee) is transferred to the seller's PayPal account. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
- On your plan's billing cycle, 30 days from signup we invoice the commission which is depending on your plan.
- Both users can then discuss freely to agree on details. When the order is completed (users have met, the product is delivered...), they can mark the order as completed
- Users can then review each other.
What are the seller guidelines on selling?
We work hard to make selling fast and easy for everyone. But we can’t do it alone.
When the item is confirmed delivered, the buyer rates you. Then, you rate the buyer.
By following the Seller Guidelines, you help keep Simplelots.com safe for buyers and sellers alike. Keep in mind that all sales are final once the buyer rates the seller. No refunds will be issued.
- The listing (products) must be a legal item owned by the seller
- Selling of the item must not violate any local, state or federal regulations
- If required, the seller must transfer all rights to or remove any restrictions on the merchandise at time of purchase
- The buyer wants to know what they’re getting. Provide them with all the details. This will also optimize sales. Include when necessary:
- Condition and describe any imperfections or damage
- Proof of authenticity
- Provide clear photos taken by you
- Please do not use stock photos
- If there are any imperfections, please make sure to include a clear photo to avoid a return request
- You must provide a clear image of each item or all items.Shipping Guidelines For Sellers
- Always provide a valid tracking number
- Seller must ship the item within 3 business days of purchase
- Simplelots.com must be able to confirm delivery through a valid tracking number
- Simplelots.com is not responsible for orders sent without a valid tracking
When do I mark the order Complete?
Buyers should mark the order complete only if they have received their items and all is as described in the listing.
What happens after purchase?
The seller has 3 days to accept the sale. The sellers typically accept within a few hours. This is when the funds are then charged.
What happen's when there is a dispute opened?
Disputing (canceling) a transaction
What happens and does not when a buyer clicks the Dispute button in a paid transaction.
Buyers can mark a paid transaction as disputed after the transaction request has been approved and before it is marked as “completed”. The Dispute feature is a way for buyers to clearly communicate to providers that they are not happy with the way the transaction is handled.
A few important notes.
- Disputing a transaction doesn’t automatically refund the payment.
- When a transaction is disputed, the status of the transaction changes to "Disputed".
- Both users can review each other after a dispute has been resolved.
How to refund a transaction after a dispute
As part of your review of the dispute case, you may decide that a refund makes sense.
Since PayPal was used, only the seller can refund the transaction.
Can transactions be automatically refunded?
No, a transaction cannot be automatically refunded when a dispute is made. A refund must always be manually handled.
Do you offer free shipping?
Yes. There are quite a few lots with free shipping. Just browse and view the listings shipping details.
How does shipping work?
Sellers are required to provide sellers with a valid tracking number within 2 business days of the sale date.
If you haven't received your tracking details please contact the seller through their profile or the recent order communication.